- First and foremost, my holy grail makeup item...(Drum roll pleeeeeaase!) MAC Prolongwear Concealer. I cannot say enough good things about this product. Its a full coverage liquid concealer. My favorite way to use it is to conceal my dark circles under my eyes. I also love to use a few shades lighter than my skin tone to highlight my "under-eye area". It also makes a great eye shadow base, because it has the technology in it to not crease! It literally lasts ALL DAY! Prolongwear till I DIE!! :)
- The next item I want to talk about, I actually haven't been using for more than 3 months now. But I had to include it because I love it so much. It is the Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil. This can be used for so many things, but I just use this as my facial moisturizer. I have combonation skin, and my skin just drinks this up! Its very soothing for my dry patches, and yet great for my oily areas too! (I know, using an oil on oily skin??!) By using an oil on oily skin, it kind of tricks your skin into thinking its producing oil, and it actually reduces oiliness! There is also a light version of this that you could try if your a little apprehensive of putting an oil on your face. But my skin feels SO soft and looks so much healthier since I've started using this. I won't ramble on too much more about this, so google the benefits of Argan oil, there are TONS!
- Next, is the Kenra Volume Spray 25 This hairspray will probably FOREVER be my favorite. It holds SO incredibly well, it doesnt leave your hair crispy or crunchy, and it smells amazing! I have tried to branch out and try other hairsprays, but I ALWAYS come back to this one! I love all Kenra Hair Products, but this one has a very special place in my heart ;) you can only find this at professional salons, or there's always amazon ;P
- My number 4 would have to be the Loreal Revitalift Miracle Blur. I cant rave enough about this. It is a little pricey for a "drug store" product. I use this after my moisturizer and before my makeup (primer) it literally gives the apperance of smooth, even, amazing skin. It fill in my pores (which are huge) smooths my fine lines, and takes away my redness. My makeup goes on alot smoother when I use this. They also make an oil free version (which you know I use!) and I have tried both, but I like that one better.
- This next product is my ALL TIME FAVORITE eyeshadow pallette. Lorac Pro Pallette. If you only ever needed one pallette, this would have to be it hands down. It has 8 matte and 8 shimmer eyeshadows, from neutral to colorful shades, you can create ANY look with these shadows. And the quality of these shadows are awesome, they are like butter and blend like a dream! I cant get enough of this, I use it pretty much every single day. Check out swatches of the colors here.
- Next is another MAC product. I'm sorry, I couldnt help myself. Its called Fix+ (plus) I will probably use this until the day I die as well..... It has SO many uses, its crazy. Its a makeup setting/refreshing spray. It has green tea, aloe, vitamin e and all that good stuff in it, so its great for your skin. It calms down redness, it sets your makeup in place so it doesn't move, it provides moisture to your skin, it shrinks your pores, its so refreshing and smells soooo good! It literally a miracle product. You can also spray your brush with this before you use loose or pressed shadows/pigments and it helps them glide onto your lids, giving it that shiny/metallic look. If you apply a little too much powder and are looking a little cakey, just spray this on and it will instantly make your makeup look FLAWLESS. It gives a tiny bit of a dewy finish, but nothing us oily-gals should be afraid of.
- If you know me, you know I love bright and dark colored lipsticks, I discovered these babies and Im OBSESSED. I have almost every shade :/ They are the Wet n' Wild megalast lipsticksSome of these have a matte finish, some have more of a soft-matte finish. They last SO long on me! and the best part is, they are only like $2.99!! My favorite shades are, Cherry Bomb, 24 karat, just peachy, sugar plum fairy and think pink. There are so many colors to choose from, depending on what mood I'm in that day! :) LOL.
- If you're hair is anything like mine (very thin, dry, brittle) you NEED this next product in your life. It is the Macadamia Natural Oil Deep repair Mask. This is become a staple in my hair care routine. When my hair starts to feel like it really needs some extra love, I put this in my hair for 10-15 minutes, and my hair feels like a million bucks! I really have noticed a HUGE difference in the condition of my hair since i've used this. Its alot smoother, silkier and feels very moisturized. It is an intense treatment, so I only use it once, maybe twice a week. It also it kinda pricey, but sometimes you can find it on amazon for cheaper.
- Who doesn't love a healthy dewy glow to your skin? You can acheive that with a highlighter, and my all time favorite has to be The Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer. Its not too silver-y/, its not too gold, its just the perfect champagne-ish shade for a highlighter! When applied to the tops of your cheekbones or down the bridge of the nose, it looks amazing and gives you that KimK-esque glow! Its not chalky, or glittery, its just so perfect! I love it so much!
And thats a wrap! Of course I could go on forever about products I love, but they will have to wait for future posts! Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope you try some of these products sometime! What are some of your favorite things of 2013? Comment below! and stay tuned for more!